To get the most out of your wax, follow these guidelines:
* Hair must be at least ¼ inch long.
* If you are feeling sensitive, take 2 Aleve, 1 hour before your appointment.
* No shaving between waxing appointments. Shaving will make your wax more painful and cause broken hairs, which will leave the skin feeling prickly.
* No direct sunlight or extremely hot water on the area 24 hours post wax. If you’ve done facial waxing it is important to wear sunblock.
* No waxing if you are taking or using any medication that will thin the skin, such as Accutane or Retin-A.
* The skin is more sensitive the week before your menstrual cycle, so waxing may feel more painful.
* Plan on being pink in the freshly waxed area. For some people, mild inflammation will go away quickly and others might need 12-24 hours.
* Exfoliate between waxing appointments to avoid ingrown hairs.
* No picking!
If you have any questions or concerns at all, please just ask. Patina understands that you may not have done this before and need more information.